Meet Our Chiropractor in Pearl River:
Dr. Todd Askenas DC
Dr. Todd Askenas has been freeing people from pain since 1992 in his office in Pearl River, New York. As a Chiropractor with over 28 years of experience, he is committed to promoting the health and well being of his patients.
Dr. Todd Askenas says, "My purpose is to truly help people functionally improve their bodies, and thereby greatly improve their lives. My goal is to help people get well as quickly as possible and to teach them how to maintain their newfound wellness."
- National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, IL
Doctor of Chiropractic 1991
Bachelor of Science 1990
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Active Release Techniques - Certified in Spine, 2009; Certified in Upper Extremities, 2010; Certified in Lower Extremities, 2011, Certified in Full Body, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017; Certified in Long Tract Nerve Entrapments, 2016
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia - National Association of MUA Physicians, 2010
- Golf Fitness Instructor - Titleist Performance Institute, 2010
- Certified Fitness Trainer - International Sports Sciences Association, 2010
- Evaluations and Management of Golf Injuries - Professional Sports Care, 2009
- Certified in Disability and Impairment Ratings - Parker College of Chiropractic, 1998
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, NY College of Chiropractic, 1993
January, 1992 - Present
- Active practice utilizing five treatment rooms offering chiropractic manipulative therapy, decompression therapy, active release technique, laser therapy, electric muscle stimulation,, flexion/distraction, custom orthotics, and weight loss programs.
- Strong emphasis on patient education. Patients are routinely instructed on body mechanics, stretching, strengthening, and how to avoid re-injury.
- Team Chiropractor for the Gotham City Knights - basketball team in the National Rookie League (2001)
- Medical Staff - Toga Duathalon (2009)
- Medical Staff - TOUGHMAN Triathalon (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Wellness Team - US Open Golf Championship, Bethesda, MD (2011)
- Wellness Team - US Open Golf Championship, San Francisco, CA (2012)
- Wellness Team - US Open Golf Championship, Philadelphia, PA (2013)
- PGA Medical Staff - True South Classic, Madison, MS (2012)
- PGA Medical Staff - Sanderson Farms Championship, Madison, MS (2013)
- Medical Staff - The Dew Tour Skateboarding/BMX (Brooklyn, 2014)
- Medical Director - Adirondack Ragnar (Saratoga Springs-Lake Placid, 2014)
- PGA Medical Staff - Shell Houston Open, Humble, TX (2015)
- PGA Medical Staff - Sanderson Farms Championship, Jackson, MS (2015)
- American Chiropractic Association - Member since 1992
- 40 Under 40 - chosen as one of the top 40 young professionals in Rockland County in 2004
- Pearl River Chamber of Commerce, member since 1992
- Coordinator of annual Blanket Drive for Rockland County needy families
- Coordinator of Teddy Bear Drive for traumatized children and the Orangetown Police Department
- Coached - Children's Basketball, Baseball and Softball
- Conducts seminars and workshops on topics including Safe Lifting Techniques, Ergonomics in the Workplace, Stress & Health, and Stretching & Strengthening
- State of New York - License Number X006837-1
- State of New Jersey - License Number 4535
Learn More About The Doctor
Dr. Askenas proudly has served as a member of the prestigious PGA Medical Staff since 2012. In this capacity, he has treated many professional golfers in such major events as the True South Classic, Sandersons Farm Championship and the Shell Houston Open. In 2013, he served on the US Open Golf Wellness Team at the Merion Golf Club outside Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Askenas treated professional golfers and their caddies, providing them with the same expert care he delivers to his patients daily. Caring for this special class of athlete is extremely rewarding for Dr. Askenas. He also served as a member of the 2012 US Open Golf Wellness Team at the Olympic Club in San Francisco, CA and as a member of the 2011 US Open Golf Wellness Team at the Congressional Golf Club in Bethesda, MD.
Dr. Askenas has achieved full body certification with Active Release Techniques (ART). This means that he is certified in Spine, Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, and Long Nerve Entrapment. He is the only doctor in Rockland County who is certified in this technique. ART is the gold standard in soft tissue evaluation and care. ART is sought after and used by nearly every professional sporting team as a result of its amazing success with helping athletes recover from injuries and improve performance. For more information please visit our tab (above) on Active Release Techniques.
Dr. Askenas is a Certified Golf Fitness Instructor. He completed the program given by Titleist Perfomance Institute in 2010. Golf Fitness Evaluations are a useful tool in determining your balance, strength, flexibility, posture and range of motion as they relate to your golf swing. Through the Golf Fitness Evaluation, we can identify any physical limitations or deficits and then assess how they negatively affect your golf performance. For more information please visit our orange tab (above) on Golf Fitness Evaluation.
Dr. Askenas is also a Certified Fitness Trainer. Due to his passion for physical fitness and his desire to better help his patients achieve long-lasting results from his chiropractic care, Dr. Todd has become a certified fitness trainer.
Dr. Askenas completed a PGA-endorsed Certification Program in the Chiropractic Management of Golf Injuries. This Certificate Program involves intensive training in the analysis, treatment and corrective protocols for the PGA professional. This certification was granted by Professional Sports Care (PSC). PSC is contracted with the PGA Tour to provide chiropractic care to PGA Tour Players at all PGA Tour and PGA Champions Tour events. This unique certification makes Dr. Askenas eligible to treat on the PGA Tour.