Meet Our Chiropractors in Pearl River:
Dr. Todd Askenas DC
Dr. Todd Askenas has been freeing people from pain since 1992 in his office in Pearl River, New York. As a Chiropractor with over 30 years of experience, he is committed to promoting the health and well being of his patients.
Dr. Todd Askenas says, "My purpose is to truly help people functionally improve their bodies, and thereby greatly improve their lives. My goal is to help people get well as quickly as possible and to teach them how to maintain their newfound wellness."
National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, IL
Doctor of Chiropractic 1991
- Bachelor of Science 1990
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Active Release Techniques - Certified in Spine, 2009; Certified in Upper Extremities, 2010; Certified in Lower Extremities, 2011, Certified in Full Body, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017; Certified in Long Tract Nerve Entrapments, 2016
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia - National Association of MUA Physicians, 2010
- Golf Fitness Instructor - Titleist Performance Institute, 2010
- Certified Fitness Trainer - International Sports Sciences Association, 2010
- Evaluations and Management of Golf Injuries - Professional Sports Care, 2009
- Certified in Disability and Impairment Ratings - Parker College of Chiropractic, 1998
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, NY College of Chiropractic, 1993
January, 1992 - Present
- Active practice utilizing five treatment rooms offering chiropractic manipulative therapy, decompression therapy, active release technique, laser therapy, electric muscle stimulation,, flexion/distraction, custom orthotics, and weight loss programs.
- Strong emphasis on patient education. Patients are routinely instructed on body mechanics, stretching, strengthening, and how to avoid re-injury.
- Team Chiropractor for the Gotham City Knights - basketball team in the National Rookie League (2001)
- Medical Staff - Toga Duathalon (2009)
- Medical Staff - TOUGHMAN Triathalon (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Wellness Team - US Open Golf Championship, Bethesda, MD (2011)
- Wellness Team - US Open Golf Championship, San Francisco, CA (2012)
- Wellness Team - US Open Golf Championship, Philadelphia, PA (2013)
- PGA Medical Staff - True South Classic, Madison, MS (2012)
- PGA Medical Staff - Sanderson Farms Championship, Madison, MS (2013)
- Medical Staff - The Dew Tour Skateboarding/BMX (Brooklyn, 2014)
- Medical Director - Adirondack Ragnar (Saratoga Springs-Lake Placid, 2014)
- PGA Medical Staff - Shell Houston Open, Humble, TX (2015)
- PGA Medical Staff - Sanderson Farms Championship, Jackson, MS (2015)
- American Chiropractic Association - Member since 1992
- 40 Under 40 - chosen as one of the top 40 young professionals in Rockland County in 2004
- Pearl River Chamber of Commerce, member since 1992
- Coordinator of annual Blanket Drive for Rockland County needy families
- Coordinator of Teddy Bear Drive for traumatized children and the Orangetown Police Department
- Coached - Children's Basketball, Baseball and Softball
- Conducts seminars and workshops on topics including Safe Lifting Techniques, Ergonomics in the Workplace, Stress & Health, and Stretching & Strengthening
- State of New York - License Number X006837-1
- State of New Jersey - License Number 4535
Learn More About The Doctor
Dr. Askenas proudly has served as a member of the prestigious PGA Medical Staff since 2012. In this capacity, he has treated many professional golfers in such major events as the True South Classic, Sandersons Farm Championship and the Shell Houston Open. In 2013, he served on the US Open Golf Wellness Team at the Merion Golf Club outside Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Askenas treated professional golfers and their caddies, providing them with the same expert care he delivers to his patients daily. Caring for this special class of athlete is extremely rewarding for Dr. Askenas. He also served as a member of the 2012 US Open Golf Wellness Team at the Olympic Club in San Francisco, CA and as a member of the 2011 US Open Golf Wellness Team at the Congressional Golf Club in Bethesda, MD.
Dr. Askenas has achieved full body certification with Active Release Techniques (ART). This means that he is certified in Spine, Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity, and Long Nerve Entrapment. He is the only doctor in Rockland County who is certified in this technique. ART is the gold standard in soft tissue evaluation and care. ART is sought after and used by nearly every professional sporting team as a result of its amazing success with helping athletes recover from injuries and improve performance. For more information please visit our tab (above) on Active Release Techniques.
Dr. Askenas is a Certified Golf Fitness Instructor. He completed the program given by Titleist Perfomance Institute in 2010. Golf Fitness Evaluations are a useful tool in determining your balance, strength, flexibility, posture and range of motion as they relate to your golf swing. Through the Golf Fitness Evaluation, we can identify any physical limitations or deficits and then assess how they negatively affect your golf performance. For more information please visit our orange tab (above) on Golf Fitness Evaluation.
Dr. Askenas is also a Certified Fitness Trainer. Due to his passion for physical fitness and his desire to better help his patients achieve long-lasting results from his chiropractic care, Dr. Todd has become a certified fitness trainer.
Dr. Askenas completed a PGA-endorsed Certification Program in the Chiropractic Management of Golf Injuries. This Certificate Program involves intensive training in the analysis, treatment and corrective protocols for the PGA professional. This certification was granted by Professional Sports Care (PSC). PSC is contracted with the PGA Tour to provide chiropractic care to PGA Tour Players at all PGA Tour and PGA Champions Tour events. This unique certification makes Dr. Askenas eligible to treat on the PGA Tour.
Zachary Truncali, Acupuncturist & Chiropractor
Doctor of Chiropractic
- New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY
- Graduation Date, December 2016
- Member Phi Chi Omega Chiropractic Honor Society
named to New York Chiropractic College’s Dean’s
Master of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Finger Lakes School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY
- Graduation Date, April 2017
- Consecutively named to New York Chiropractic College’s Dean’s List
Bachelor of Professional Studies
- New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY,
- Graduation Date December 2015
Associates of General Studies
- Dutchess County Community College, 53 Pendell Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Graduation Date, April 2013
Chiropractor & Acupuncturist with the VHA Pittsburgh Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Washington, PA
- Provide chiropractic and acupuncture services to veterans in the greater Pittsburgh area.
- February 2020 —Present
Owner and Operator of Thrive Acupuncture and Chiropractic
- April 2017 to February 2020.
Independent Contractor at Allegheny Health Network
- Provided acupuncture care to patients within the Allegheny Health Network at the Wexford Pavilion, Penn Hills and Murrysville Pain Clinics.
- September 2019 – January 2020.
China Study Abroad -Zhejiang Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital #2 Hangzhou,
People’s Republic of China
- Observed acupuncture and oriental medicine in the hospital setting, participated in lectures about AOM techniques by practitioners of traditional Chinese medicine.
Spine Provider Certification program.
- Advanced training for chiropractors and physical therapists to become point of contact providers for patients with spine disorders and work in a team-based environment that comprehensively manages and coordinates the care for individuals with spine-related disorders.
- Ongoing, to be completed Summer 2021.
and Evolutionary Medicine Training
through the Kresser Institute of Functional and Evolutionary
- Completed Oct.2019
Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy: Part A
- Completed 6/30/2019
- Hands-on workshop focusing on instrument assisted soft tissue therapy.
- Zheng Gu Tui Na Elective
- Advanced Chinese medical message for the treatment of musculoskeletal conditions and meridian therapy
Licenses and Certifications
National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
● Parts I, II, III and IV.
● Licensed Chiropractor in the State of NY and PA
NCCAOM Board Exams
● Points and Location, and Theory exams
● Licensed Acupuncturist in the State of NY and PA
References Available Upon Request
Learn More About The Doctor
Askenas Chiropractic is excited to announce the addition of a new doctor to our practice: Dr. Zach Truncali. With the introduction of our new doctor, we are delighted that we will now be able to offer expanded hours as well as Acupuncture to better serve our patients.
Dr. Zach Truncali is a licensed Chiropractor and Acupuncturist and has been practicing since 2017. His uses a variety of evidenced-based techniques to treat spine related pain. His goal is to quickly relieve pain and to empower people to understand and take control of their health.
He graduated from New York Chiropractic College in 2016 and the Finger Lakes School of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine in 2017.
Some of his post-graduate studies include Primary Spine Provider certified through the university of Pittsburgh in 2021 and McKenzie Method® of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy for the Lumbar Spine in 2019.
Dr. Zach enjoys hiking, rock climbing, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. He is an avid reader and lifelong learner, always seeking new perspectives and ways to refine and evolve his approaches to healthcare.
His passion for Chiropractic and Acupuncture was born out of a desire to help others not just with a short term relief, but with tools to create lasting wellness, empowerment, and connection with their bodies and movement.